It’s possible for travelers to make mistakes in their name while booking a flight ticket. It can be a misspelled name or a typo error. In other words, passengers might need to change a name resulting from legal considerations. When traveling with Alaska, you are on the safe side. The Alaska Airlines name change policy lets passengers rectify spelling errors and provides different options for name modifications and changes.
Terms & Conditions to Change a Name with Alaska Airlines
Whether you are modifying a misspelled name or changing a name on your ticket, the name should be identical to your government-approved ID. Let’s take a glimpse at the major guidelines you need to follow:
- According to Alaska Airlines change name on ticket policy, travelers can amend minor errors up to three letters on the first, middle, and family name.
- You can also correct inverted names, change a nickname to a full name, or add/remove a middle name or second last name.
- Passengers have the permission to change the last name on the flight tickets. However, you must present valid documents such as a marriage license, divorce agreement, or court order.
- The name modification request might need a re-issuance of the flight ticket. Fare differences might apply.
- The airline doesn’t let passengers completely change the name on their flight ticket.
- You can’t request a name change after completing the Alaska Airlines check-in procedure.
How to Make Alaska Airlines Name Change Request?
Travelers can request a name correction online through the official website and offline over the phone. Therefore, you can pick the method you find the simplest and most reliable.
Approach 1: Name Alteration Online (via website)
In order to amend a misspelled name or typo error on your flight booking online, follow these simple instructions:
- Go to the Alaska Airlines website and choose the Manage Trip option.
- Then, you should submit some important details, such as the confirmation code and your last name.
- Next, tap the Change Name tab and pick the incorrect name.
- Input the precise name. Remember, you can alter up to three letters.
- After this, pay the name change/correction fee with the applicable fare difference.
- Lastly, you will get a name alteration confirmation from the airline.
Approach 2: Name Change Over the Phone
You can also approach the airline’s customer support to modify or change the name on the flight ticket.
- Dial the airline’s customer service number and wait for a representative to connect.
- Provide all the required information like booking reference, ticket number, and last name.
- Request the agent for name modification and provide necessary documents like a government-approved photo ID, passport, marriage certificate, or other legal documents.
- Pay the Alaska Airlines change name on ticket fee and the applicable fare difference to complete the procedure.
Approach 3: Name Modification at the Airport Kiosk
A kiosk is a self-service machine that permits you to change or alter a name on the ticket. You will find this machine at the airport. Follow these instructions to alter a name.
- You should hit the Change Flights button on the machine to modify a name.
- Choose your flight itinerary.
- You might need to submit specific information concerning the reservation.
- After this, pick the name you need to alter and specify the precise name to finish the process.
Alaska Airlines has a flexible and passenger-friendly name change policy in place that lets you alter a misspelled name or typo error and change the name on the ticket. Dial the airline’s customer service at 1-800-ALASKAAIR to know about the Alaska Airlines name change. Also, you can call +1-800-865-1848 to connect with the consolidation desk and get your problem resolved.