Introduction: Microsoft Excel is among the most productive applications in the Microsoft Office Suite. It is utilized by individuals and businesses around the world. The program allows you to easily manage your data and implement numerous procedures. The only area where Excel falls short is the transmission of data to other systems. In this blog, we will explicitly discuss how to convert Excel to vCard format.
You are all aware that MS Excel saves files in the XLS or XLSX format. It also stores the contacts in CSV format. Perhaps most devices do not directly import CSV but do support vCard or VCF formats. As a result, consumers are compelled to convert Excel to vCard online.
What is a vCard File?
A vCard file also called a VCF (Virtual Contact File), is saved in the.vcf format. It is a simple file format that works on practically any device, including mobile phones. The format comprises contact information, including digital details. It has an advantage over CSV contact files because the former can store images and audio samples.
Now, before we look at how to convert Excel to vCard. Let’s look at why it’s necessary to transform Excel data.
Reasons for Exporting Excel files to VCF format:
The following factors encourage users to convert MS Excel files to vCard/VCF format.
- Converting XLSX and XLS files to vCard/VCF format allows users to import them across several systems. You can transfer your data using vCard files.
- vCard files are far more accessible than Excel files, which can only be accessed via MS Excel.
- Even when they contain the same amount of data, vCard files are smaller than Excel files. As a result, it saves users a significant amount of storage space.
For the reasons given above, you may appreciate why converting your Excel files to vCard is necessary.
Moving forward with the solutions to complete the conversion.
Part 2: Exporting Excel Contacts from the CSV File
Following the conversion of an Excel file to CSV format, the user must import the contacts from the converted CSV files. Take the actions listed below.
- To start, click the Start button and type contacts in the search bar.
- Select the Contacts Tab from the presented results.
- The ribbon bar will provide an Import option.
- Go to the Import Windows Contacts menu and choose Import.
- After selecting a file, move on to the next stage.
- Click the Finish button to complete the answer.
- The technique converts Excel to VCF without the need for an app.
Best Solution to Export Excel File into vCard Format
You’re seeking for the finest Excel to vCard conversion software. Use the Softaken Excel to VCF Converter Tool to export Excel files to vCard and other formats without any issues. This application is the most secure, so users can use it without incident. It quickly and efficiently exports large quantities of Excel contacts to VCF format. It supports all MS Excel versions, including 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010. It’s compatible with all Windows operating systems. It is a small application that is simple to install. Users can also get a free demo version.
Steps for Exporting Excel file to vCard format
- Use Excel to VCF Converter Tool.
- Click Browse and choose the Excel file.
- To convert Excel contacts files, show a preview, and select the output location.
- Click the “Expert V-Card Now” button.
In Last Words-
A third-party Excel to vCard converter can let you simply convert your Excel contacts to vCard file format. Manually exporting an Excel XLS or XLSX file to vCard (vcf) file format is time-consuming, but using a program such as Excel to vCard converter requires only a few clicks. It works with all versions of Microsoft Excel and Windows. It is also offered as a free trial version.