Fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin are common when a person ages. But there are treatments to reverse these signs. The best part is that non-invasive methods are also available. Among these, dermal fillers are the most popular example.
Dermal fillers in Bangalore is performed by Dr. Sandhya Balasubramanyan for anti-aging and to correct various aesthetic issues of the patients. It are injection used to plump the skin of the face while flinging fine lines and wrinkles. There are several types of dermal fillers. Mostly, they are injected around the eyes, mouth, and nose.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are a kind of non-invasive cosmetic surgery. These fillers fill in wrinkles and smooth lines and add volume to the face. These compounds are injected directly under the skin by a healthcare professional.
Individuals prefer dermal fillers to improve their facial characteristics or to look younger. Depending on the kind of filler and the location, the results are immediate and can last for months to years.
Why are Dermal Fillers Used?
Your body begins to lose elastin and collagen as people age. Collagen is present in the human body, including the skin, bones, muscles, and connective tissues. Low collagen levels cause skin laxity (looseness) and volume loss. Skin thins out, loses suppleness, and begins to droop.
One can have dermal fillers for:
- Increasing the volume of drooping skin
- Improving the symmetry of the face characteristics
- Plumping up cheeks and lips
- Smoothing out face creases and wrinkles.
Certain drugs that treat medical illnesses, such as HIV, can induce facial thinness. After taking these drugs, some patients choose dermal fillers to restore their facial volume. Consulting an expert is a must to know if one can get this procedure if they are suffering from HIV or other health concerns.
Types of Dermal Fillers
Hyaluronic Acid: This is the most extensively used filler injection globally. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring component of the skin that pulps and hydrates it. The synthetic variant has varying consistency dependent on chain crosslinking. It soaks up and provides the skin with a young look. When injected, it is easily accepted by the body and may dissolve using an enzyme. The product has a shelf life of 9 months to 1.5 years.
Poly L Lactic Acid: It is also a biodegradable and biocompatible substance that stimulates collagen formation in the skin. It lasts longer and is used to address deep facial creases and cheeks.
Calcium Hydroxylapatite: This is a biosynthetic filler that causes no adverse responses. It has been used to cure deep face creases and folds, increase cheek fullness, and can also be used to treat facial wasting in individuals who have lost a lot of weight.
How Often Should One Get Dermal Fillers?
As one begins dermal filler treatment, their practitioner will discuss the frequency of sessions with them. Since the aging process is constant, fillers are not a one-time cure, thus one will have to return to the clinic for top-up sessions on a routine basis.
One may require fewer treatments if they get a long-lasting filler and follow proper skin care. Whereas those having various facial areas treated, may need to see the doctor more often.
Consult Dr. Sandhya Balasubramanyan, best plastic surgeon in Bangalore for the best advice and outcomes related to dermal fillers.
What Impacts the Longevity of the Outcomes?
- Numerous factors influence how long the benefits will persist. The most crucial is the filler one uses, as not all products are developed equally.
- While the normal injection may begin to wear off in 6 months, special formulations might last up to two years.
- A surgeon will evaluate the patient’s present age and skin condition when determining how frequently they need to see them.
- One may do several things after their sessions to maintain a youthful face. As the patient’s lifestyle considerably influences the duration of therapy and the rate of aging, it is important to take care of themselves.
Tips for Long-Lasting Results
A person’s lifestyle impacts the success rate of their treatment. Below are some of the most useful tips for long-lasting results.
- Those who safeguard their faces from the sun, either by remaining in the shade or using a strong sunscreen, are most satisfied with their results.
- Furthermore, they consume a nutritious diet rich in minerals and vitamins that combat aging and shield their skin from free radicals.
- They also work out regularly.
- Both smoking and excessive alcohol use may cause injections to fade more quickly.
- One can extend the benefits of treatment and keep themself healthy for a long time by avoiding alcohol and nicotine.
If one is looking to get Dermal fillers in Bangalore, one can visit Dr. Sandhya Balasubramanyan. With years of expertise, great knowledge, and an impressive track record, she provides the best aesthetic services. Consult to get to know more about dermal fillers treatment and procedure.
Also Read: Best Plastic Surgeon In Hyderabad