AS400 Migration To Cloud
AS400 migration to the cloud is trending nowadays many organizations are seeking to modernize their IT infrastructure and take advantage of the numerous benefits of cloud computing. AS400 alternatively named IBM iSeries is a legacy IBM platform that is mostly used in many industries such as finance, retail, insurance healthcare, and manufacturing. However, the AS400 systems are facing many challenges, including software and high maintenance costs.
Many companies are moving data and applications to the cloud platform to boost the agility, scalability, availability, and security of business. This will reduce IT infrastructure and maintenance costs while extending the life of legacy applications.
Benefits of AS400 To Cloud Migration
Migrating legacy systems to the cloud can help future-proof your company. while also improving user experience. Here are the benefits of a well-planned cloud migration strategy.:
- Flexibility: When AS400 systems are moved to the cloud, they become more agile and responsive to changes in business needs due to the elimination of hardware dependencies.
- Accessibility: you can access your data and business via desktop or mobile devices with the help of the Internet.
- Security: Cloud services often come with customizable application security measures built-in, allowing you to rest easy knowing that your company’s and its customers’ sensitive information is protected.
- Cost-saving: Cloud environments are more cost-effective to maintain data as compared to servers. These cost-effective benefits will ultimately save your business a lot of money in the long run.
- Scalability: With greater agility, you can handle demand spikes and use AI and machine learning to streamline workflows.
Challenges With AS400 Migration To The Cloud
Legacy modernization offers many advantages. However, companies often resist migrating existing applications to the cloud due to the long and complicated process. Here are the main challenges facing AS400 migration to cloud face:
- Lack of Technical Knowledge: The team of experienced developers with AS400 software is decreasing. A solid migration strategy requires expertise in legacy technologies and cloud solutions, and many companies don’t have an in-house team of experts.
- Security Concerns: Businesses in industries that handle sensitive information, such as healthcare, cannot afford to risk data leaks during cloud migration. Unfortunately, stakeholders often lack the necessary tools and expertise to plan and execute a fully secure migration.
- Change Management: Through cloud migration, businesses can automate workflows, but not all organizations are prepared for the changes this can bring to internal processes and culture.
- Database Restructuring: The old AS400 database requires restructuring for cloud integration, which is time-consuming, technically complex, and makes system application integration challenging.
Let’s now explore the ways through which you can overcome these challenges.
How to Successfully Migrate to The Cloud From AS400?
If you’re planning to migrate to the cloud, you’ll need experts in legacy modernization to make the process smoother. Integrative Systems can help you with that. We specialize in cloud-native workloads, data analytics, and information security. We’ll assess your business needs and suggest the best solutions for you, restructure outdated apps, and optimize workflows.
A good cloud migration partner will help you choose the right cloud provider and approach based on your current and future business needs. With the best team of experts and a well-planned strategy, your cloud migration, like your AS400, should be smooth and painless. However, after migrating to the cloud, it’s essential to have a maintenance plan in place to find system performance issues.
Partner with Integrative Systems for Optimal AS400 Migration to The Cloud
Migrating applications tied to AS400 from on-premises infrastructure to the cloud is often a lengthy process, which is why some companies forgo modernization and continue depending on outdated software to run critical operations. However, holding on to legacy systems can put businesses at a disadvantage, as they miss out on opportunities to reduce costs, enhance security, and make the most of data analytics.
We can assist you throughout the entire modernization journey, from selecting the best migration strategy to choosing the ideal cloud provider, executing the migration of data and applications, to offering ongoing maintenance and support.
Ready to start together an AS400 migration to cloud strategy? Contact us at email@example.com.