The start; Email attachments are a way to share files and documents, with others. However, they can quickly pile up in your inbox making it challenging to find and organize messages. Fortunately, there are techniques you can use to extract all attachments from Outlook 2016.
In this guide, I will walk you through the process of extracting attachments from Outlook 2016. We will cover three methods;
- Manually extracting attachments, from emails.
- Utilizing Outlook’s built-in “Save All Attachments” feature.
- Using a tool called DataVare to extract all attachments.
Additionally, we will explore some techniques for organizing and managing email attachments.
Manually extracting attachments, from emails.
To extract attachments, from email messages using Outlook 2016 follow these steps;
- Open Outlook 2016. Go to the folder that contains the emails with attachments you want to extract.
- Double-click on the desired email to open it.
- Locate the icon in the right corner of the email window.
- Click on the attachment icon.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Choose the “Save All Attachments” option from this menu.
- In the dialog box that appears select the folder where you want to save the attachments.
- Customize the file name and format of each attachment if necessary.
- Click on “OK” to start extracting the attachments.
These steps will guide you through extracting attachments, from email messages in Outlook 2016.
Using Outlook’s Integrated “Save All Attachments” Function
Outlook 2016 also offers a feature called “Save All Attachments” which enables you to easily extract attachments from emails or multiple emails at once. To utilize this functionality follow the steps:
- Open Outlook 2016. Go to the folder that has the email messages containing attachments you want to extract.
- Choose the email(s) that have the attachments you wish to extract.
- Right-click on one of the selected emails. Select “Save All Attachments” from the options that appear.
- In the dialog box that appears for saving all attachments choose the folder where you want to save them and make any changes, to their file names or formats.
- Click on the “button to begin extracting the attachments.
Smart Solution – Extract All Attachments from Outlook 2016
Several third-party tools can extract all attachments from Outlook 2016. These tools can be helpful if you need to extricate a large number of attachments or automate the attachment extraction procedure. DataVare Outlook Attachments Extractor Software is the best method to extract all attachments from 2016 Outlook. This application supports all Windows OS versions.
Follow these steps to extract all Outlook 2016 attachments using DataVare for Outlook.
- Install and initiate the Extract Attachments from Outlook PST Software on your system.
- Upon launch, select the “Browse” button to import PST and OST files.
- Select the type of attachment from which you wish to extract your Outlook files.
- Mark the box and remove duplicate attachments from PST files.
- Select the path to the destination and select the Browse button.
- Click the Process Now icon.
Hints and Tips – Managing and Organizing Your Email Attachments
Here are some strategies for managing and organizing your email attachments:
- Make a folder specifically for email attachments on your computer.
- Utilize a consistent naming convention for attachments.
- Sort your attachments by date, client, or project.
- Regularly delete inactive and obsolete attachments.
By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can effortlessly extract all attachments from Outlook 2016, either manually or with the DataVare Outlook Attachments Extractor tool. By taking the time to manage and organize your email attachments, you can locate the attachments you need when you need them more quickly.